Personal Record: Dr. R.D. Jenkins

August 3, 199X
Dr. R.D. Jenkins
Site Number XX
XXXXXXXXX, New York

Personal entry of Dr. R.D. Jenkins


Its been almost a week since we moved down here. Thank God the cleanup is nearly done.

On XXXXX, Aug 1st, I found this weird black gunk that was making the whole place smell bad. It was in the corner of the room marked as D-4 in the southeast wing.

I had thought about walking out and pretending like I hadn't seen it, but the entire wing was so deathly silent that I knew I was the only one down there. It almost looked like a wet ball of hair, but the "strands" were way too thick to be hair. Up close it smelled even worse than I could have imagined. The only way I could think to describe it is as a cold wet death. As if multiple somethings were rotting in a fridge, but worse. I can't possible imagine that something that horribly smelling could be a product of nature. As soon as I got close to it, I could taste the bile forming in my mouth. I put on arm sleeves, and doubled up on the gloves I was wearing to pick it up. When I bend down to pick it up, I immediately threw up, but I knew I had a job to do. As I grabbed it to pick it up, my hands started to sink into the wad and for a second I had a fear it would engulf my entire body.

I had just managed to throw it out and seal the bag, when I saw Thomas touring through the facility. The way I felt must have been an indication of how I looked, because when Thomas caught sight of me, he rushed over and asked if I was alright. When I told him what had happened he sent me up topside.

That was two days ago, and I still wasn't feeling so hot yesterday. Mostly nausea. But today I'm almost back to my full strength. Let's hope there aren't any more surprises waiting for me down here.





****************  END  ****************

No comments:

Post a Comment